Katie and I in front of the Louvre:
The next morning we hit the airport where my Mom and I continued onto Dublin but had to say my goodbye to Katie as she headed south to Benin, Africa for 3 months serving with Mercy Ships-needless to say I am already excited to see her at the Frankfurt airport end of November where we meet up again before continuing together to Ethiopia (Katie has made it safely to Benin and her ship and is already loving it there and meeting some truly amazing people, like herself!!!).My Mom and I absolutely loved Dublin...and the food :) We walked tons, saw lots, and checked everything off of our Irish to do list: St. Patrick's Cathedral, Dublin Castle, Trinity College (Founded in 1592), Temple Bar, Guinness Brewery, lunch of fish and chips, and even made a day trip to the Irish Sea to Dun Laoghaire. (don't ask me to pronounce that...)
On the top of the Guinness Brewery overlooking the city with our free pints:
In front of Dublin Castle:
Irish Sea Coast:
Next destination-London. So different from both Paris and Dublin...London is HUGE! Another city that we both have absolutely loved spending time in and enjoying the sights-we were even lucky enough to go to service this morning in Westminster Abbey, an experience in itself. We also have seen/visited Buckingham Palace of course, St. Paul's Cathedral (beautiful church!!), London Tower with the Royal Jewels, Changing of the Guard at HorseGuard, Big Ben, Covent Garden (amazing ice cream stand!) and the London Eye (so awesome!!).
Westminster Abbey:
Big Ben and the London Eye at night:
Sadly tomorrow we are going our separate ways as my Mom is returning to SoCal and the States and I am fortunate enough to be making my way south to Venice, Italy and then make my way throughout much of Eastern Europe before heading on to Romania.
Pace Voua (...as they say in Romania)
Psalm 19:1-4
2 comments:
Ajoh Ash! I got your postcard today. Thank you! It was amazing as well the story about you in a rowboat. Haven't you learned your lesson yet? Haha.... good times. I'm very jealous you are off on international adventures while I learn about bacteria, chromosomal disease, RNA polymerase and collagen.... Glad you're having a good time. Be safe and I'll see you at the next reunion! Keep those updates coming - I need stuff to read during the 6 hours of lecture a day.
Dear Ashley,
I've been wanting to make a comment for a long time but haven't been savvy enough to figure out how to post it - today a friend who is computer wise is sitting right next to me - so I'me taking advantage - and want to send you happy birthday wishes for a happy, healthy, and joyful birthday and year!! Looks like you've been having adventures all summer long. Continue to enjoy and we'll see you when you hit the shores of California once again! Much love and happiest of birthdays from your Uncle Gordon and Aunt Robin
Post a Comment